A Tropical Paradise
Isla Contoy sits on the imaginary line separating the Gulf of Mexcio and the Caribbean Sea. A pirate’s haven, Contoy looks like a movie set. This MexicanNational Park, a true island paradise, is lined with coconut palm trees and awaits you .
Isla Contoy is your classic deserted tropical island. It sits on the imaginary line that separates the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea. By sitting where these two great bodies of water meet there is an abundance of marine life making it a great place for birds. More that 120 species of birds call Isla Contoy home, their nesting area, or a way station between their winter and summer homes..
A Tropical Paradise
Itinerary | Back to TopExcursion Schedule:
- 9:00 AM - Departure from the marina in Cancun
- 9:30 AM - Arrive at Isla Contoy.
- 9:30-10:30 AM - Snorkel ( Bring your own equipment or the rent at the Marina before departure for $5.00USD. Get a new snorkel which is yours to keep.)
- 10:30-2:00 PM - Free Time to Explore the small museum and to explore the Island with a guide.
- 2:00-3:00 PM - Lunch Buffet on the Island.
- 3:00-4:30 PM - Return to the Marina in Cancun and End of the Expedition.
Bring comfortable footwear, a cap or hat, swimming gear, towel,camera, extra T-shirt.
Included | Back to Top
Travel aboard a comfortable boat 1 to 1 ½ hours to Isla Contoy, the most important bird sanctuary in the Caribbean. The coconut lined beach looks like a movie set. You don’t know whether to expect Gilligan and Mary Ann, Robinson Crusoe, or Tom Hanks from Castaway. In any event it will be a day to remember. Enjoy a beach buffet lunch and open bar (National Liquors) all day – Neither Gilligan nor Crusoe had it so good.
This excursion includes:
• Boat Transportation from Cancun to Isla Contoy.
• Continental Breakfast aboard the boat with rolls and coffee and juice.
• Open bar with national drinks all day (Beer, Tequila, rum, gin and vodka).
• Lunch Buffet with Salads, chicken, Mayan-style fish, Lasagna, Mexican rice, Guacamole and chips and desert.
• Snorkel equipment. Rental is $5.00 USD per person (cash only) and the snorkel is yours to keep. Payable in dollars or pesos at the marina in Cancun.
• Entrance to the ContoyNational Park. $5.00 USD per person (cash only) payable in pesos or dollars at the marina in Cancun.
• A $5.00 USD (per person) port fee must be paid in cash at the dock.
This Excursion Operates: Departures: Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturday Only.
Reserve | Back to TopPrice:
Isla Contoy National Bird Sanctuary - Adult $ 95.00 USD
Isla Contoy National Bird Sanctuary - Child (under 12) $ 50.00 USD